With the World Cup in full swing everyone has gone football mad! It’s a great chance though, to bring the whole family together for some fun filled activities. Here are some we thought we’d share with you. Hope you enjoy!!
1. Do you have a spare white t-shirt lying around? Why not get the kids to create their own England shirt, they could put their favourite player’s name and number on the back or even their own name! You can find some great t-shirt pens and paint from here
2. Get colouring! Head over to the Activity Village, they have some fantastic printable, World Cup colouring in sheets.
3. Get creative with the kids in the kitchen with some World Cup themed cupcakes. You could make the icing the colours of their favourite team or if you’re feeling extra creative make a cupcake for each team’s colours! Quick, easy and delicious!!
4. Download a World Cup Wall chart. Keep the whole family up to date with who’s playing and the kids can fill it in as the tournament goes on! You can download one from here
5. Face and nail painting! This is great for getting everyone involved, mum, dad, granddad, grandma, Aunty Jo and of course the kids! One day you could be Brazil, another day you could be Germany?
6. Education – There are 32 international teams competing in the Brazilian World Cup, which is a great opportunity to teach the little ones some fun facts about the competing Countries. Primary leap have a some great resources to help
7. Where are you going to store all these bits and bobs? Well Kate in the office had a great idea; she’s been using her Tidy Books ForgetMeNot as a World Cup family organiser. Her little boy, Sam loves to write on the board every time England is playing. He’s made it into his own little shine for Steven Gerrard!