International Book Giving Day – February 14th – for Book Lovers everywhere!
What better way to share your love of reading by getting a book into a child’s hands?
There are lots of other ways to celebrate International Book Giving Day too:
- -Give a book to a friend or relative, and/or their children.
- -Donate books your kids have outgrown (but are still in good shape) to a charity shop, playgroup, or even to an international book giving charity.
- -Do some guerilla style book donating – leave an entertaining book in a waiting area – a great opportunity for kids to read with a grown up – why not try your local doctor’s surgery or hospital?.
International Book Giving Day is the brainchild of blogger Delightful Children’s Books, and is supported worldwide by a network of bloggers listed below:
Enter our competition now, and we’ll give a book to you to give. Follow the link to Tidy Books’ facebook page and tell us who you would give a book to on International Book Giving Day.
You can get involved too by spreading the word: on Twitter by following @bookgivingday or use the hashtags #giveabook, #IBGD
International Book Giving Day bloggers:
- My Book Corner (Australia)
- Playing by the Book (U.K.)
- Mommy Labs (India)
- Gathering Books (Singapore)
- Try Curiosity (Hungary)
- sharpread (U.S.)
- My Best Friends Are Books (New Zealand)
- Jojoebi Designs (Japan)
- Kids Indoors (Brazil)
- Toddler Approved (U.S.)
- se7en (South Africa)
- Asia in the Heart (Philippines)
- Delightful Children’s Books (U.S.)